Survey & CAD services
Our clients include:
- Arts University Bournemouth
- University of Leicester
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Plus many more across the UK.
Accurate CAD drawings are often overlooked when implementing cost saving measures, and often simply ignored when they are needed most.
University estates & facilities departments regularly lead the way in finding unique approaches to cutting costs and making efficiency savings. These departments understand that accurate CAD drawings and data can provide a good return on investment especially when used within a CAFM system. In recent years Topscan have been contracted by a number of leading universities to survey their property portfolios to produce accurate CAD drawings and capture key usage information.
Using our own in-house education survey teams we were able to conduct surveys using both existing drawings as reference in order to update them, saving time and money, or conduct full measured surveys where no drawings were available.
Knowing that Topscan surveyors can collect a wide range of information, estates & facilities departments also liaised with other departments to discuss their own requirements, such as:
- IT Dept. Collect key IT information such as points, references, asset information, wiring routes, etc. The information would allow the IT dept. time to be able to react quickly to faults, reduce downtime and work with capital depts. to provide detailed information for future refurbishment projects
- Fire. Collecting fire information such as fire fighting, detection, signage, lighting, etc. and adding it to the CAD drawings would allow the fire officers the opportunity to plan for emergencies, produce bespoke fire evacuation plans, remain compliant to the many HSE requirements
- Hotel/soft services. Collecting key information such as floor covering, window coverings and combining it with the data collected in the initial survey such as room means that they can review cleaning rots and schedules ensuring maximum cleaning with minimum staff.
Services the client used
- CAD bureau
- CAFM population
- Asset, services and occupancy data collection.
Our experienced survey teams conducted the surveys, CAD work and, where required, CAFM population. Each project had its own senior project manager that liaised with the client and other stakeholders (department heads, building managers and other key staff members) to verify the requirements and ensure that we were able to produce a survey programme that minimised site disruption and allowed us into difficult to access areas such as laboratories.
Your investment in your CAD drawings needs to be protected. It is essential that drawings and data are maintained and updated and that regular onsite audits are conducted to ensure that even the smallest changes are captured.
Topscan regularly works with a number of Universities, helping them to maintain their drawings after refurbishments and building work. We conduct audits and provide CAFM support through our regular update & audit service.
Not only is this the most cost effective approach to drawings and data maintenance, it also means that you benefit from a consistency of approach independent of inevitable staff changes.
Download: Surveys & CAD services – universites
"Topscan have been providing the University with Survey and CAD services for several years following on from an initial survey of the academic spaces. Over the years they have been reappointed to conduct surveys of the student residential accommodation and several other areas. I would recommend Topscan to any University wanting a surveying or CAD service."
Dharminder Shoker, Asset Manager - University of Leicester