Topscan is a well-established company providing CAD, surveying and digitising services mainly to public sector clients located nationwide. This is an exciting opportunity for a building surveyor to join our existing team and develop a wide range of valuable skills and knowledge. We have opportunities in our Bournemouth and Manchester offices.
The role will include the following main duties, some of which will be via in-house training:
- Measured/condition surveys collecting accurate space details together with a range of key occupancy/room asset information
- Carrying out Point Cloud 3D surveys using a Faro scanner
- 2D & 3D draughting to create accurate building models
- Updating of web-based estates management systems
- Creation of Point Cloud walkthroughs from scanned images
- Carrying out quality reviews of own and colleagues work
- Keeping accurate records of all work produced and undertaken to be reported to team leader
- Compliance with all work related and behavioural company policies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Precise, accurate, focused and organised
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Presentable with good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions without difficulty
- Willing to travel throughout the UK and work flexible hours
- Experience of working on public sector sites including: space survey techniques and data recording, following safe working practices and complying with health & safety recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously within defined timescales, to accurate standards and to report effectively on progress
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be presentable at all times to represent the company
- Team oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business productivity. Must be able to get on well with others and be a team player.
A suitable training programme will be provided to successful candidates who do not fulfil the above.
Required & skills expertise:
- Suitably qualified in surveying or related field to BSc/HND level or be able to prove a minimum of 2 years’ fieldwork experience in a similiar role. Additionally be able to demonstrate a high level of competency in carrying out measured building surveying
- Excellent 2D and 3D CAD skills in AutoCAD/Revit
- Point Cloud Scanner experience (Not essential)
- Confident with Microsoft Office products
- Clean Full UK Driving Licence.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Send your CV to [email protected]
Topscan embraces diversity in the workplace.