Business Development Manager Vacancy
As part of our growth plan, we are looking to bring in a Business Development Manager with the hunger and desire to join a fast pace and enthusiastic Sales & Marketing team that are striving to make Topscan the company of choice when it comes to land, building and asset surveys in the UK, with the vision to expand the business across Europe.
With this in mind, we wish to appoint a Business Development Manager to cover the Southern Region. You will cover areas from below Birmingham, including East Anglia, South East and South West England, and South Wales.
With the choice of either working from home or out of our Kent or Bournemouth office, you will work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing as well as the Northern Business Development Manager, National Architects Sales Manager, Marketing Team and Estimator.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, attending key events, following up marketing efforts or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
You should be in touch with all prospects and clients in the region and know who is in the market for the company’s services or when they will be. When opportunities are identified you will lead the sale backed up by the technical team and present proposals. You will also be responsible for account managing our major clients in the area identifying all on-going opportunities and handling any issues and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients,
- Prospect, identify, negotiate and close new opportunities,
- Maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions,
- Follow up opportunities, set up meetings with key stakeholders,
- Manage day to day diary ensuring you make the most of your time,
- Plan, prepare and conduct presentations to clients and at key events nationally,
- Communicate new product developments to existing and prospective clients,
- Play a role in the development of marketing literature,
- Provide reports on sales opportunities on a monthly basis,
- Ensure client retention.
- At least 5 years’ proven track record of a strong and successful sales career – evidence should include industry awards, bonuses for hitting sales targets, recent orders won etc.
- Ideally you will have a track record of sales to Estates or Facilities departments – mainly in the public sector, ideally of technical services or products with a sale value of £1k – £500k,
- Ability to use a sales CRM system, ideally Zoho but not essential,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Ability to confidently present to small and large audiences.
- Ambitious – someone that is either looking for the next step in their career or wants to join a company that offers opportunities to move their career forward,
- Enthusiastic and willing to go the extra step in order to achieve agreed targets,
- Able to plan a persuasive approach and pitch that will convince potential clients to do business with the company,
- Able develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship,
- Confident when handling objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion,
- Able to use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately,
- Integrity and professionalism in all areas of your work and an ability to get on with a wide variety of people,
- Expected to plan your own diary and manage yourself on a day to day basis.
Circa £35,000 per Annum, OTE £45k – £50k uncapped.
- Unlimited bonus potential, uncapped – additional bonuses for achieving will be paid gladly!
- Company car,
- Phone and Laptop,
- All the tools required for you to be successful.
Please forward your CV for immediate consideration to [email protected].